Adding new strmlink applications

Do strmlnk's need to have any configuration in the DVR to expand to applications that are not listed on the documentation site?

I've tried to add a show from the History app, https://play.history.com/shows/mountain-men/season-11/episode-1 and the metadata is loaded fine on the DVR, it even shows the 'History' tag. Watching the show from the web interface opens a web browser to the proper location but the Apple TV app does not do anything. Using the same show and Hulu links works just fine everywhere. (And the reason I'm trying History is because Hulu doesn't have the current seasons latest.)

I believe it is up to the apps on your client device to register their site's domains to allow redirecting. If the app hasn't registered its URLs with the OS, then the system doesn't know what to do with them.

(In the past day or so there was an extensive continuation of the discussion of the Vudu app and getting its URLs working.)

1 Like

Yes, the apps have to be written with "Deep Linking". If the app is not done correctly or at all, the Stream Link will not work. I have attempted to move this conversation along with several app developers, but to no avail.