Advanced pass to record the Super Bowl game year after year

This year, it is going to be my first time recording the Super Bowl game with Channels DVR.

It is still more than 2 weeks away so it is not visible in the guide yet. That's fine because I want to create a generic advanced pass anyway to be able to record all Super Bowl games every year without having to modify the pass every time.

Do you already have an advanced pass for it?

Do you think this would work:

Title CONTAINS Super Bowl
Tags == Live
Categories == Sports event
Duration > 7200

Just curious what you think.

I would think that would catch them. Maybe catch some additional programming too.
At least you'll have a couple weeks to fine tune it once it appears in the guide this Friday night or Saturday morning.

Wondering if it will appear on both TVE channels 6000 and 6161.

1 Like

Thank you.
You're right, I have a little bit of time to play with it and modify it as needed. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will update my first post with what I believe are the settings for this advanced pass once I'm satisfied.

Hopefully, that will help other Channels users.

I have 1 hour end padding on my NFL team pass, which is needed often. Your pass should have this. You could also just wait until it shows in the guide each year and then do a manual recording or add a team pass each year for the top AFC or NFC team when it is known. Unless, of course, you think you might forget about the Super Bowl and don't want to be caught by surprise when you wake up the next morning and missed it. In that case, maybe a pass for the once a year airing could be useful.

1 Like

Good point about the padding at the end. I have added 90 minutes. :slightly_smiling_face:

I doubt I will ever forget about the Super Bowl. :laughing:

I just like the idea of "set it and forget it" in general and advanced passes in Channels are pretty good for this.
Even at my job, I'm a software engineer specialized in testing and one of the main requirements is to automate all manual steps as much as possible.

I guess this is just my mindset in general. Set it up once correctly in the first place and you don't have to worry about it.

So it seems to be working. :slight_smile:

cdvr_superbowl_pass_matches

cdvr_superbowl_pass_results

As long as 6000 is the NBC you want.

Correct. The Super Bowl game will be broadcast on NBC this year.
This is the only NBC I get in Channels, it's WNBC to be exact. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is 6000 a TVE channel?

Yes