Advanced Passes Question(s)

From the thread Category recording?:

Very cool!

Used that to limit a pass that was being applied to two channels to a single channel.

Now I’d like to limit the time slot. So I selected “Time” then tried to select “>”, but it doesn’t change from “CONTAINS”.

Bug or limitation?

Would it be possible to get description added to the possible fields?

If there was a full text index it wouldn’t be too bad for the scheduler process.

I would like to add that the support and community here is fantastic!

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Only CONTAINS is implemented for Time. You can use “Time CONTAINS 9pm” or “Time CONTAINS Wednesday”

What’s your use case?

Unfortunately the index is already huge and adding all the descriptions is not feasible.

[quote=“tmm1, post:4, topic:6607”]
Only CONTAINS is implemented for Time. You can use “Time CONTAINS 9pm” or “Time CONTAINS Wednesday”[/quote]
Hmmm… The value that appears by default in the value field is in 24-hour format (16:00).

There’s a show on the CBC network called Murdoch Mysteries. Original episodes air at 8 p.m. ET on Monday nights. They do reruns throughout the year at 5 p.m. daily. But during the off season they also do prior season re-runs in the 8 p.m. slot, and we like to catch them. Thus, at this time of the year I set record to “All Episodes”

So I could do “Time CONTAINS 8pm” (sure that shouldn’t be “20:00”?), but, in case they should choose to move it around, I’d prefer to put “Time >= 19:00” or the like.

“Time >= 19:00” & “Time < 23:00” would be even better, because that’d guarantee only prime-time slots would be considered.

Both 12h and 24h formats work.

Technically implementing GT/LT for Time is quite challenging so it’s unlikely to happen any time soon.

Understood. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt :slight_smile:

The scheduling power and flexibility you already offer is more than I would have dreamed of.

Hmmm… Extended regular expressions, perhaps? E.g.: “Time CONTAINS ^(1[7-9]|2[0-2]):”? :smiley:

(Yeah, I’m a regexp geek :slight_smile:)

LOL :joy:

1 Like