AirPods audio breakup

When using my AirPods (generation 2) with the iOS app, every few minutes I’m getting distorted or no audio. If I pause and wait a few seconds, the audio restores itself. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

No issue playing through the phone speaker, only when AirPods are used.

1 Like

Can you try the latest TestFlight beta and with audio driver under playback > advanced settings set to experimental

Only had a chance to test a few minutes but drbr problem didn’t reappear with the test app and experimental audio setting. I’ll have to test more though but will follow up.

2 Likes

I'm seeing the same behavior. I watch the news (MSNBC or CNN) while I'm doing dishes at night. If I use Channels on my iPad, the audio starts cutting out after a minute or two. If I watch the stream in the CNN or MSNBC apps, I have no issues. If I watch with the iPad speaker, no issues.

Using AirPods Pro with an iPad Pro (2018 12.9") with the server on an ethernet-connected Mac Studio.

Please submit diagnostics from the app after it happens, under Settings > Support

FYI for Channels devs, I also have had audio issues using Channels with AirPods. Using the latest TestFlight build with “experimental” audio toggled on seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Whew! I thought I was going crazy & was even about to send my Gen 1 AirPods Pro off for repair... until I noticed Channels was the only app causing the dropouts. The experimental driver fixed it for me, too! So happy this was just a software bug...

Hi. I was having distorted and glitchy audio in my AirPods, but only in the Channels app. I enabled 'Experimental' audio driver, and the problem is solved. I'm using an iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen, AirPods 3rd Gen, AirPods Pro 1st & 2nd Gen and AirPods Max.
So glad to have this fixed!

Joining the chorus here… AirPods Pro 2nd Gen on iPad Pro M2 11”. Thought there was a problem with my iPad, but found this thread and tried the experimental driver. Things are working smoothly!