Alert when TVE auth fails

I noticed some failed recordings in my log today, and seems like my Comcast TVE auth stopped working?

2020/04/16 10:00:53.942278 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6104 via TVE-Comcast_SSO: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None]

By going into settings and rescanning the Authorization seems to be working again. Is there a way to alert us when this gets "messed up" for lack of a better term?

On a related topic, and somewhat frustrating, is I have an HDHR Prime listed in Priority above TVE, but this recording happened to be on HGTV, available on HDHR and TVE. Normally I would expect this to record from my HDHR, but since this TVE channel is Eastern time, it records from TVE first. Trying to troubleshoot the issue I went to my guide to tune the channel directly, but cannot see HGTV TVE channel, since it is supposed to be the same as the HDHR version. Can this be handled better?

1 Like

Gross. Can you click Help > Submit Diagnostics on the DVR web UI.

Done. I also updated to the latest pre-release just in case there were any recent fixes implemented.

I would like this too. I looked in the forum but I didn't see where there is a way to set up any types of email alerts. This would be cool, especially when the TVE auth fails as I usually only find out after a few days and a bunch of failed recordings.

Thanks,
Ken

This is is how I am attempting to solve this in case you're interested.

Notification emails from the dvr would be hepful.
Great idea!!!