All thumbnails are missing today

Hi,

Today all my thumbnails are missing. Recorded thumbnails are still there but live thumbnails are not. This applies to app running on Nvidia shield and also mobiles. I have tried restarting server, refreshing guide and have installed latest beta, nothing works.

I have tried logging onto DVR through web interface and checking DVR what's on now, thumbnails not present there either.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, no icons on the guilde, no thumbnails on anything recored this morning 6am UK time. Wedplayer, Nvidia Shield, Mobiles all the same. Restarted Server, still have the problem.

2 Likes

Yep - same problem here

I would presume whoever hosts the thumbnail data for channels is having problems...

We noticed this last night and are trying to get to the bottom of it. Our data provider is returning image URLs encoded, rather than normal strings. This completely breaks them.

We'll continue to provide details as we receive them.

You can track this issue on our status site: https://status.getchannels.com

5 Likes

Thanks for the update @maddox

John

I've just set up Channels again this afternoon in light of the improvements to how media deletion is handled, and also the server side client settings.

Imported movies have no posters, but TV Series are fine. Is this related?

Yes. All images.

Okidokie! Not sure why it grabbed them for all my TV Series then?!

All the station logos disappeared out of my guide, as well. I'm assuming they fall under the "All images" category?

It appears it has been resolved for Series. We're waiting on the rest to kick over too.

Yes.

1 Like

I just noticed this myself. Some are working, others are not.

Came on here today to post about this very thing.
I'm on the pi image on a pre-release version and thought it was that.

Updated to latest pre-release, 2021.03.16.1719, and it fixed it. I didn't have to reload guide data.

I concur.. force updated and fixed.

EDIT: Imported movie covers are not fixed.

Try clicking Refresh Metadata on those imports.

I already did.. and just tried again.

I only have a handful of movies, so tried deleting and adding again, but still no posters.

I can confirm also, thumbnails are back with pre release 2021.03.16.1811

Thanks Channels Team! :+1: