All TVE Channels below 6700 no longer work

I've been using TVE with my Xfinity login credentials since August with very few issues. I have numerous passes that record exclusively from TVE and the several daily passes I have on 6301 UNIMAS (it's in HD and UNIMAS over Cablecard is only SD) have not missed any recordings until today. Now it won't tune or record anything from that channel.

I updated my password (using same password as always) and re-scanned all channels, and now when I go to "Manage Lineup" I see no channels below 6700. Virtually every channel I use is below 6700. The error seems to be "not in subscription", but they are clearly in my Xfinity Plan and they have been working for months.

I'm away from home, so is there anything I can do remotely via the WebUI?

If I keep trying to scan over and over again will it just make matters worse?

I've re-scanned several times, including on a channel-by-channel basis, with a few channels such as the ESPN1, ESPN2, and ESPNU channels authenticating, but the vast majority of the TVE channels I've been getting all along now say "not in subscription", or

"notAuthorized: This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. https://my.xfinity.com/upgrade"

We had a 5-hour power outage about a week ago (giving me a new external IP) and I do have some DNS errors from time to time that require me to try again on certain websites, but I've had those errors for several months and never had fewer than 180 or so of the channels available. Now it's maybe a dozen or so.

Any ideas on what kinds of things might cause this?

Since there have not been whole-scale or wide-ranging reports of the same issue, the most likely cause is the authentication server serving your area is having issues.

The solution: wait and try again later.

I hope that's all it is, but I find it odd that a handful of channels ARE being authenticated. Perhaps these are channels that aren't as discerning as others or "remember me".

The channels you can’t authenticate are those requiring your Xfinity credentials. The rest are freebies the devs have thrown in for us.

2 Likes

Yes. I spent an hour in a chat with Xfinity service after discovering that Xfinity Stream was showing that we had NO channels. Apparently they were getting a high number of calls related to that as they were rolling out some kind of update to their streaming service. It got taken care of and most of the channels that I typically pull in on TVE are back. I did miss almost an entire day of recordings, however, due to most of them being set up on TVE to keep the Prime tuners free.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.