Allow “Locals” to TVE

Are you in favor of adding “Locals” to TV Everwhere?

1. YES to Support
    1. NO Opinion

0 voters

Didn't Locast just get in trouble for providing locals ? aren't they being sued ... can the same thing happen to Channels DVR ? I know that even using my XFINITY Stream app I cannot see locals outside my network.

That’s different they are taking the stream off an Antenna and streaming them live. Here we are talking about watching and recording fro TVE websites.

1 Like

Since TVE still in Beta anyways can you just enable Locast "as beta"? You can always remove it later when TVE comes out of beta.
Isn't the purpose of Beta testing to "test".. testing Locast would be great for a lot of people..

Please direct your inquiry to @tmm1 :grinning:

As @Richard_smith said above what we are asking for is not the same as Locast. What we are asking for is use our TVE Credentials like we do for all other TVE channels but to use them for CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX. I think all but CBS actually have TVE type Apps which you can use your credentials to login. Not sure about CBS (except for all access) I think our credentials will work for ABC, NBC and FOX. However, it may not be available to ALL of US. These websites may only work for some locations (like Los Angeles for example). It is not the same as the recently added KTLA 5 which is a LA Local Channel except that it does not require Credentials.

Regarding Locast, I think Channels would need to work with them since they are not a standard network website. But they are being sued and may or may not be around for a while.

Yeah, Channels shouldn't get involved with Locast. For TVE access we are legally paying access to watch that content. Locast is iffy

2 Likes