ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Considering the new Import feature supports additional file types beyond the .mpg file extension, is it safe to assume that recordings which are post-processed into smaller, more efficient formats can also be imported with the appropriate file extension (.mp4, .mkv, etc.)? Previously, we'd have to use the .mpg extension as a workaround to ensure the DB could see the new file without the need to actually update the DB entry. But since we're already adding support for new file extensions, I figured i'd bring it up. :slight_smile:

mkv and mp4 files even with h.265 encoding work fine. At least they do for me since my clients already handle them so Channels imports them and serves them just fine.

Can you share the path to this video in your library?

Is this what you need? If not let me know how to get it.

1 Like

You need to work on the way seasons are displayed all in a line and the order last to first. Beside it nice and a plus I don't need to use Plex for my PlayOn recordings. It wold be nice 1st to last and up and down seaon 1, 2, 3 and so on. Just mi thoughts.

Work has begun to improve this view for larger libraries.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/new-beta-refreshed-show-view-order/23667

I just hope my wife doesn't find my XXX collection!

1 Like

It turns out the episode numbers listed on zap2it under season 0 are made up. The underlying data does not have any season or episode numbers at all.

The DVR importer will need to learn to match on episode titles for these cases. I'm looking into this, as well as adding a "fix match" option to the individual episodes so they can be correctly.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity and maybe this suggestion has already been made, but is there a way to have a backup provider, say pull from the TVDB or themovieDB if the show doesn't match correctly or isn't available from zap2it? Maybe even if it's only used when we do the "Fix incorrect match" option?

Just sort of thinking out loud here but I think I have a few movies and even shows that aren't going to be listed in zap2it.

Imported recordings from PlayOn do not play smooth they have small but noticeable pauses. If I play on the TV with with USB they play fine. I might have something to do with the PlayOn resolution being 720P.

I look forward to the title matching and possibility for fixing matches on episode titles. Really like where Channels is headed.

Same here I even transcoded them in mcebuddy to HDhomerun h264 and HDhomerun uncompressed with no improvement. Same file works fine vcl emby and plex. This is new and I'm sure it will get better as it develops. BTW all shows matched fine but the show 3% I can't find it on zap2it either.

I'm confused because I am not able to reproduce this:

Wierd, that episode only matches against SH02793762, not SH03228420 (which is being used for current airings) or SH03238003

I never understood the logic behind them assigning new TMS series ids to the same series.

What do you get for episode 52 and beyond? The issue isn't with episode 51, it's 52 and beyond.

Boruto also has the same issue after episode 100:

1 Like

Those are listed as S02E01 and S02E02 under SH02793762

Nobody ever seems to agree on Season and Episode numbers.
Original Air dates are a bit better.
Episode Titles even better.

New build v9.8.2218

• NEW: Fix Incorrect Match UI will now show number of seasons/episodes for each matched show
  • IMPROVED: .m2ts files are imported
  • FIXED: top-level Specials directory in your tv import location will be imported in as separate shows
  • FIXED: metadata for TV specials now imported correctly
  • FIXED: changing show via Fix Incorrect Match was not removing old/incorrect episode information in some cases
1 Like

Ah interesting, I've never tried to base stuff off of zap2it, just thetvdb and themoviedb. Good catch!

The standalone shows now seem to follow the series look. Top is from standard program on DVR from original airing. Second is imported. Third is original + imported copy. Artwork / Metadata is missing on the second screen. I posted an example below. Importing definitely works better now.

Still having problems with the Doctor Who Specials. Seems like zap2it puts them at the start of the next season with no episode number.

For example on the TVDB they are...

Air Date Order = S00E02 Christmas Invasion
DVD Order = S01E14 Christmas Invasion

Zap2It
Christmas Invasion is listed under Season 2 with no Episode Number

This is the same for all the specials that I can see for Doctor Who. I have mine using he DVD Order for Plex.