Alternative EPG options

Would it be possible to add using a different EPG for Channels, such as EPG123 (http://epg123.garyan2.net)?

I find the current guide data extremely limited, especially in regard to episode and movie plots. Having an option to use a quality alternative would be fantastic!

In the US, EPG123 usually uses Schedules Direct as its source. Coincidentally, Schedules Direct and Channels both get their guide data from Gracenote, so it's the same data.

If you really do wish to use EPG123, a Schedules Direct subscription is $25/yr, and I believe it can output XMLTV files, which can now be used with Channels' beta support for external guide data in this format.

1 Like

They already support XMLTV files...

Cool. Do you know if there's a guide somewhere where I can learn how to get all this nice data to show up in my UI (Chrome browser + Kodi beta interface)?

Thanks! If @racameron is right and the data is already there (and i'ts just a matter of teasing it out) it's probably not going to be relevant for me to change it. But, just in case, could you give me a hint as to where I'd set this up?