Amazon Prime Video will start showing ads on January 29th

The %5 Cashback I get on purchases on my Amazon Visa more than pays for my yearly Subscription to amazon Prime.

3 Likes

I checked that out quite some time ago and the reviews were less than stellar.

Is it just because some folks aren't paying their bill in full each month or have bad credit to begin with?

Those are Garbage Reviews .... I have been using the Amazon Visa for years never had a problem ... They also offer you to pay over time on big Items interest free.

2 Likes

Hmph. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Here is an example if I wanted to buy this NUC and get it tomorrow... $48.25 for 12 months interest free.

Signed up for Prime card about a year ago and now the cashback will pay for my Subscription. Seems like a good benefit. Sometimes Amazon sold items will cost more than local stores, so it is good to check. But I really like Amazon for hard to find items. Sometimes I order in the morning and have the item a few hours later.
Not sure yet if I will pay extra to remove ads on Prime Video. Will wait and see how annoying it is. I already pay extra to not see ads in most of my other services.

On topic of Amazon Shopping. If you have a small business. Look into Amazon Business account. Things are sometimes even cheaper. Especially bulk items.

1 Like

I just downloaded a free trial of AnyStream. It seems easy to use. Does anyone have any tips on ways to get the downloads into Channels with the least amount of human intervention?

Ideally, add folders in your personal sources in Channels DVR server:

Make sure that AnyStream saves movies and TV shows in different folders.

I see no way to direct the output from AnyStream to specific folders. Channels seems to require a sub-folder structure with TV/MOVIE, and then a folder with the series name.

I can do this manually for each recording, but I was wondering if anyone had developed a system to automate this.

If I am downloading TVShows at that moment I change the destination folder.'

This is my template

1 Like

or You Can create your own template entry ...

1 Like

Just wait till you purchase a car on Amazon! 5% on that is serious savings.

Ok, I grabbed the $20 for the first year deal for PlayOn home deal bc I assume it expires at midnight. Either way: it’s the incentive :crossed_fingers:I need to spin up a Windows vm in Proxmox. Only one more day of vacation to work on fun stuff then back to reality.

Someone please remind me about this tomorrow. Or in a couple months.

Thanks. Do to you pointing me in the right direction, I've been experimenting.

You don't need to change the destination folder (at least on Windows).

Saved to: G:\AnyStream
Download Template for Movies: .\Movies%t <(%y)>
Download Template for Shows: .\TV%n%n S%sE%e %t

I wonder if the Amazon Business account will also be charged for ads???
Has anyone looked into that?

Amazon business does not include streaming. Its purely for shopping. It can be added onto a amazon personal account for ¿$60? I forget exact price.

I own a small repair business. Its main advantage is bulk pricing discount. There's other perks too. Amazon business often beats the prices i pay at my local wholesalers for parts and equipment. But household stuff (TP, Paper towels, etc) can also be cheaper as well.

Edit: ¿¿¿¿Solution????? I love to recieve a solution credit. But this post is not a solution as the OP was not a question. So the solution tag should be removed.

1 Like

PlayOn Desktop works just as well as cloud in ChannelsDVR. I primarily use PlayOn desktop to "wash out" commercials from the network channel apps, same for Hulu, and now Prime too. In my experience the ChannelsDVR commercial skip works better with my PlayOn recordings than the native ChannelsDVR recordings. The PlayOn Desktop ability to "subscribe" to a series is powerful and super handy. Set it and forget it.

Playon Desktop is discontinued. I assume you mean PlayOn Home

1 Like

My bad, yes PlayOn Home.

1 Like