An Up Next Issue - possibly beta regression

So I see that the Muhammad Ali documentary is about to re-air and remembered I have recordings of the first 3 episodes from October that I never watched. So I started watching the first episode today (it was great!). But after I finished watching it, I noticed that the second episode never appeared in Up Next, even though it was in my library. So I checked the episodes. Episode 1: watched, Episode 2: unwatched, Episode 3: unwatched. Then I checked the show options: it is set to "Include in Up Next" and "Oldest First" with "Library" visibility. Then I tried toggling these options a few times. The next episode did not appear in Up Next. I tried putting the show in favorites. Didn't help to put it in Up Next. Finally, I started the second episode after finding the show in Library and then stopped it after a few seconds. Now, finally, it is there in Up Next. But I have a feeling that, when I do watch episode 2, then episode 3 is not going to appear for this documentary. What is going on?

I usually have no issues with Up Next. This is the first time I have seen this. It could be a regression in one of the last few betas.

Please submit logs.

they were submit from both client and server yesterday.

And now it is glitched so that when I start watching episode 2, it immediately comes up with a prompt to watch episode 3 in the bottom right that requires a few back clicks to get to away.

I'll submit diagnostics again from server and client after this episode if there are issues with up next.

I just finished episode 2. Episode 3 did not appear in Up Next. Diagnostics submitted from both server and client (again).

This probably is particular to this specific series. It is on PBS, so there are no commercials, but each episode is at least 2 hours, the first episode 2.5 hours. There is a period of sponsor advertisements and info about upcoming stuff for at least the last 10 minutes (possibly longer) of each recording after the actual episode has ended. It might have something to do with me stopping at this point and clicking "Mark as Watched". But I have tried going back, playing through and manually skipping through the end of the recording. It still didn't work to display the next episode. I do have other PBS recordings that work with up next. They are not as long, though. So maybe it has to do with the episode length (2+ hours). Or, its something to do with the latest Up Next beta updates that makes it not work with these PBS shows.

Thanks for diagnostics. Fix in next build.

1 Like