An update on DRM support

I would personally pay for DRM support if it was ever offered, since it would still be less than a cable bill for me.

5 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

If DRM was ever figured out. And as a result we could bring in n DRM content. I think $20/mo for service would be reasonable.

Then again this is old thread and I think DRM support has been abandon. However channels is much biggervthen it used to be with larger user base. Maybe the financial numbers might make sense to pursue. Maybe not

4 Likes

DRM support would be great or at least as much support as Stremium already has.
Love what Channels DVR brings to the table.

3 Likes

I'm a potential new user as Spectrum is phasing out Tivo and I'm looking for an alternative. I can't test without a server setup, so even after reading I'm not 100% sure, can you DVR TV Anywhere channels like they are normal channels, like they show up in a guide and can be set to record?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

You can record any TVE channel that can be displayed by Channels. I have Spectrum, and I have 130+ channels I can record no problems. Its only premium channels (and specialty Spectrum only channels like Spectrum News 1) that you wouldn't be able to record.

4 Likes

Just like the picture below shows (a very small segment of my Spectrum TVE guide). The red Shark Tank means it is recording.

Thank you Absenm. I will have to try and get the software running on a local computer now.

3 Likes

Goodluck. There are tons of awesome people on these community forums who can help you. And the 3 developers of Channels are very much so involved with the community. Almost any configuration you can think of, someone here has done it or knows how. For you, Spectrum is an extremely stable and typically problem free provider to use with Channels. So I think you will be happy once you get things running.

4 Likes

I agree. We use Spectrum and Philo along with our OTA antenna. 142 Spectrum TVE channel's and its very reliable. We can record any of the channel's we see.

I also agree that this community will offer plenty of advice and help to get you going. Good luck.

1 Like