Android app set up new drive for recording tv

When i installed the android dvr app it set a new drive for recording tv. That drive is now my new server drive which I do not not want. It also lost my guide info. Please help.

Ron Crews

What app did you install and where?

I used the channels dvr app from my lg android phone play store. After I installed it the dvr storage location only offered me a few locations none of which was I using on my Win 10 server. It ended up with selection of a usb drive that had no saved channels info. That same drive now shows up in my server settings tab. I tried to change the drive back to the one I am actually using for storage on my server channels DVR settings tab but there is a red circle over the DVR storage selection and it will not let me restore the setting to my original choice. Meanwhile the DVR guide had dropped all the guide information but it has now restored it and that part is OK.
Ron C

There is an app called "Channels DVR" and another called "Channels DVR Server".

Only the server app has storage options, and that one only installs on the SHIELD.

Can you screenshot the storage settings you're talking about?

It looks like you have two DVRs installed. You need to uninstall it from your Surface Pro 3, by running the installer again and selecting uninstall

I have one app on my phone called Channels DVR and the drive settings screenshot is from that app. I have another Channels Dvr app and the purple screen shot is from that app. I t does not have a dvr drive storage screen on that app.

dvr%20settings%20screen%20in%20a%20second%20dvr%20app%20on%20my%20android%20phone|281x500 screensheet%20of%20settings%20screen%20in%20dvr%20app screensheet%20dvr%20app%20lg%20g4%20pnone HI I have one app

I have uninstalled the Surface pro 3 channels dvr.
Ron

LOL! You're not supposed to install the DVR service on mobile devices :slight_smile: (I'm surprised it even allows you to do that.) You install the DVR on devices with storage (a computer, a NAS [Networked Attached Storage] device, a Shield with external storage), then install client apps, Channels Live TV being the paid version (which you must use if you don't have a Channels DVR) or the Channels DVR client if you do have a Channels DVR and subscription.

@tmm1- Maybe y'all ought to rename that Channels DVR client? It's confusing.

OK I have removed the dvr from my android phone and just have the channels dvr "client".on my phone and am using the channels dvr app which is working fine.
However I can still not change the storage hard drive in the win 10 pc server from the f drive which i set on the phone to the j drive where my recordings are stored.When I try to change the drive it only gives me the choice of my c or f drives..

The F:\ is on your Surface Pro and the screenshot you posted above is also from the DVR server on your Surface Pro

1 Like

I have deleted the channels dvr from my surface pro but the win 10 desktop server still only shows the surface pro drives in my dvr storage selection options.

You can type a custom path into the box under the DVR checkbox if you want

When I try to type anything into the storage box I get a red circle with a slash through it and I can not type in the box. If I uncheck dvr and try to set up storage it only gives me the surface pro 3 drives to select from. I have rebooted the surface pro and restarted the dvr web page on my win 10 pc. The j drive which was the original storage drive now shows up as well as my recordings. Seems ok for now. Sorry for the bother but I appreciate the assistance.
Ron Crews