Android remote login (different port)

I'm having an issue logging in to the android app using a different port. On tvOS I can right click the authorize link and c/p to the address bar and manually change the port, when I do this on android it doesn't work. It seems like the "authorize" button redirects back to the app but manually entering the url doesn't.

was able to login by right clicking the link and using inspect element to change the port (rather than c/p to the address bar).

Is it possible to add a setting on the sever side for "external port" that will then be applied to all auth links for that accound?

Now having the same issue on an iPad, without inspect element on iOS Safari I haven't found a workaround, any ideas?

There’s an issue with some of our new styles. I just applied the new styles to that page yesterday. So that’s what you’re seeing.

It’s a suuuuper weird bug but I think we have a line on a fix.

Not sure if there's anything weird for normal login attempts, my issue is that I can't modify the port using the redirect links for a DVR that has a manual port forward to an external that is different than 8089.

Your issue is that you can’t copy the link from the authorize button, right?

Right, I just didn't want to you think it was anything affecting the normal use case.

I know it's a lot to ask for a niche need but it is possible to add a setting for a manual external port? Would that require a complete rewrite of the login system or could you simply add the logic to override 8089 to the manual port when creating the "authorize" links?

Without user profiles I actually have 3 separate DVR accounts for my family. Plex does this but I know their authorization is completely different.

40%20AM

1 Like

The problem with the button has been resolved. You can now tap and hold it to copy the URL.

1 Like

Thank you, that resolved it on iOS. Android is still am issue if your on a phone or tablet, the link doesn't work because it isn't redirecting to the app if copied into the address bar. I can get around that by editing the element directly with a Chromebook but can't easily do that on mobile.

Ok, so that's another issue. Can you DM me the url you're getting that's incorrect?

Would love to see this feature. I have absolutely no way of accessing the edge router where my Channels DVR is hosted. However, I know of a port already open (8096) that I want to use instead. Is there any possible way for me to accomplish this?

Even of they were to implement this as I would like with a server side external port option, you'll still need access to your edge router to setup the port forward rule, in your case 8089›8096.

Without doing that your router has no way of knowing which port you want forwarded through 8096.