Android TV Beta is crashing

I just updated to the latest Beta on my Nvidia ShieldTV and it is crashing when I select TV Shows. It seems to only do it then, not if I select Movies or any other option. I can go to Library first but when I select TV Shows from there, it also crashes. I uninstalled it, rebooted and re-installed it and it still does this. I did submit diagnostics but not sure if it went through or not.

Please investigate and let me know what to do.

Thanks,
Chuck

Uploading fix to beta

This is now fixed. Thanks for the quick work!!

2 Likes

This is happening on Samsung s21 Ultra ... Starts on initial startup but fails to load once it is closed and restarted. So after initial startup it will no longer start just crashes. Release version is working.

I'm also seeing the latest Android beta v2021.11.29.2329 crash on every initial start on a Samsung S21 Ultra, but was able to start the beta app only when the release app* was already running in the background & connected to the DVR Server. Then the beta app works fine, but after closing it from recent apps, force quitting the release app, and trying to open the beta app again, it crashes on every start unless the release app is running & connected first.

*In my case, "release app" is v2021.11.19.0313 since that's what was last published from the Play Store beta program.

I submitted diagnostics from the latest beta app a few times right after I got it running (by first starting the release app).

Thanks. Uploading possible fix.

1 Like

Fixed

1 Like

That fixed it, thank you!