Announcing Channels DVR

I agree with there being no “grid” guide view.

1. LiveTV ability
  2. Solid guide GUI - including grid view
  3. DVR functionality and scheduled recordings/recurring based on new/repeat etc
  4. DRM support

Those are my big 4. I put my money where my mouth is yesterday. $150 for AppleTV and $20 for the App. Anything you need, let me know!

How do I get in on the beta? I have an apple tv with the channels app, a synology nas, and mac mini as a plex media center. I have spent a bunch of time using TVHeadend, Myth, and even the HDHomerun DVR.

Thanks,

Chris

Looks great, is Canada included in the DVR roll-out?

Please consider Channels DVR support for multiple PRIME units, for those who need to record/view more than 3 shows at a time. It would be great to have unified experience, or no user knowledge of which PRIME unit is being used for viewing/recording.

This is absolutely planned.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Grid Guide

When do you expect the first beta?

2 Likes

I was a Kickstarter backer for the HDHR DVR but it hasn’t really made much progress since it was funded on May 20, 2015. I’m really looking forward to the Channels DVR Beta . Sign me up as a Beta tester for this as well.

Hi, I’m from the UK. Is the beta closed for new testers?

cheers

Sign me up for the beta. Can’t wait for this functionality. Keep up the good work!

This is very exciting news! I have been a channels user since day 1, and I would be very interested to get Involved with the beta!

Still no response to my prior Canada question, as we use ATSC the same as US for our OTA signals support should be easy to integrate. If so, I’d like to be on the beta.

Thanks.

Canada will be fully supported when our beta launches this summer.

Thanks for the information.

Would love to participate in the beta. I’m running Channels. I have the HDHR DVR record engine installed (manually) on a Drobo5N NAS. It works much better than I expected, but would love to have DVR capability on my AppleTV. Happy to test with that configuration whenever you’re ready for more beta testers!

Please consider the DVR backend running on a NAS. There are plenty of NAS devices released nowadays with very capable CPUs, including Intel i3, i5, i7, and even Xeon e3 and with RAM of 16 GB and above. There are also capable AMD-based NAS models. Please release the DVR backend for main NAS makes, such as QNAP, Synology, etc.

Please do not cripple the DVR by restricting it to Windows/Mac only. It’s crucial to have an option for the DVR backend to be able to run on a NAS.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi bud. The whole build up for this DVR will be to ultimately run it on a NAS. Have no fear. The Windows/PC is just for the Alpha and Beta stages I believe.

1 Like

Extremely sad to read that DVR will be US only initially😕
I understand there may be guide data challenges, but if you allow over-the-air guide data as a source it shouldn’t be too much trouble making it available for the rest of us!

4 Likes

How do I get involved with the beta?

You’ll just have to stay tuned into community. See below link to a different post.