Annoying channel scan issue

I notice periodically - several times this week for example - that my HDHR Connects seem to detect or drop fringe channels in my area. These, so far, have always been channels that we’re not interested in watching and have marked on the HDHR with a red ‘X’ so that Channels is unaware of them.

The problem is, that when they’re re-detected by the HDHR the previous red ‘X’ state is lost and they they reappear in the Channels client. When this happens I then have to go to each HDHR (3 of them) to determine which has re-detected each channel and mark it again with a red ‘X’.

Is there something that can be done within the Channels app to make channel selection more persistent so that this isn’t necessary? Realistically, channels generally don’t suddenly appear in a broadcast area on a frequent basis so this behavior seems unnecessary as well as annoying.

Are you on the latest firmware?

My understanding is that the HDHRs do background channel scans, but they are supposed to remember what channels were favorites and hidden even if those channels disappear and reappear.

It might be worth reporting this bug to SiliconDust. I’m not sure what we can do about it on our end.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m on 20170512beta1 as of yesterday but had the issue again today. I’ll post to SD and let them know about it.

I opened a ticket with SD; I’ll report back what I hear.

To be honest I was hoping maybe something could be done on the DVR side to lock in or explicitly display channels to the DVR and client especially since the client but if that’s not possible then ww’ll have to rely on SD to address in some manner.

Thanks again.

SD responded back to me and indicated this seems to be a regression in the beta builds.

Just thinking here…

I realize that this is an SD issue, but from my perspective if the DVR maintained a static db of preferred channels then this would at least address the issue for DVR users and at the same time provide a more managed and controlled approach to the DVR experience.