Any way for direct channel input?

new to channels app, my remote has number keys which work in the built in android tv live channels app, but in this Channels app those buttons do not do anything..

any way to watch a particular channel by typing its #, like every normal tv watching experience??? thanks for any help..

Nope

1 Like

surprising that this basic feature has not been implemented in a mature. for pay product such as this...

Don't get me wrong... Channels is an amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone. I know the issue with Apple TV is that the native remote does not have numeric inputs, so there is no way to implement channel number changes there. I don't know much about Android TV but I would guess that it is either the same scenario there, or the developers chose to keep a uniform experience between devices.

Thanks for your reply.. hopefully in the future they can support remotes with number inputs..

This question has been asked serval times before. Channels' usual response is to add the channels you watch most to your Favorites. That will give you quick access to them. It works well for me. I have never thought to myself - Damn, I wish I could enter a channel number...

I agree, some people can be a bit old fashioned, it's all about the WAF, wife acceptance factor...lol

1 Like

We recently added number input on the Guide tab and plan to add it into the player eventually as well (atleast on android TV)

6 Likes

thank you for the update, I will try it in the guide as soon as I get home...

I have an Nvidia Shield with a Harmony remote. Pressing numbers on the guide appears to do nothing. Is this feature available in the release version?

I love how this is a common thing with peoples wives.

Now I'm debating on buying a nvidia shield! (though I bought the apple tv for this reason)

This was part of 2.1.19 released a few days ago

For the Harmony remote?

Also is there a return to last with the android TV app?

Double-press Play to return to the last channel.

Just bought a nvidia shield hoping it would work. No dice with the Samsung remote :cry: