Any way to include standard call to healthchecks.io to monitor uptime

Hi,

Is the a way with the Raspberry Pi image to manually add a Crontab job to make scheduled calls to healthchecks.io? The goal would be to monitor if DVR crashes/goes offline for some reason.

I think I read that backend is read only, so not sure what to do then.

Would be cool if we would get a notification if the DVR goes offline as a built in feature. I'm not aware of that option, but let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks for your time!

I do it the other way. Sign up for a free account at uptimerobot.com and have it test the external port you have set to forward to channels. It tests every five minutes and will let you know if the port isn’t listening. This would require a domain name that resolves to your public IP. If you don’t already have one, you may be able to use the channels domain they assign to you, but I’m not sure how often it changes.

1 Like

Looks like a better solution. Thanks for sharing!

Can you point to an article on how to resolve a domain name to a public IP? Getting lost at this step trying to setup this health monitoring

You need a dynamic dns like NO-IP that is what I use.

Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP (noip.com)

Do you use the free version?

The free version works you will just get an email to logon in every couple of months to make sure you are still using it.

Sorry for the dumb questions but IP/Target should be the IP address of the Channels DVR server? Can I add that if I am doing this remote or do I need to install the Dynamic Update Client on the DVR server?

You need to setup a client most modern routers have an area where you can add your dns. If you can setup your router no need to install a client. also sysnology nas's have this option.

The Client will select the outside IP not the local one.