Anyone else testing Channels on tvOS 17 beta?

Just to follow up on this too, we actually do not offer AirPlay support as a feature. If you use our iOS app, you will see that it specifically has no AirPlay support because AirPlay cannot work with mpeg2 video, which is the majority video codec used by our customers, via an HDHomeRun. Since we can't support it, we certainly do not offer it.

Expectation setting is important to us.

The AirPlay support you're talking about is coming from the tvOS system. Channels has no AirPlay button or Audio Routing features inside the app.

When you're setting the audio route, you're doing it with the overlying operating system, not with Channels. If we could stop this, we would, because again, expectation setting is very important to us.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Please note that I am not frustrated with you, on the contrary, I am very appreciative for all of your hard work and innovation. That said, I guess I’m more frustrated with Apple as a whole as these kinds of issues seem to be a growing trend on Apple’s part.

With kind regards…

This is good news: public beta tvOS 17.1 (21K6069) adds a Volume OSD option, even for speakers and receivers connected via CEC:

100% this

Heads up:

At first I had thought this change broke my ability to use voice dictation search within Channels and other 3rd party apps, as the Siri overlay was invoked instead. Then I learned the difference between a quick tap of the Siri button, vs. a longer press. Retraining my muscle memory will take a few days...