Anyone having issues with the chromecast GTV lately?

not sure when this started but for at least the past few days i've been having constant soft reboots every few seconds to every few minutes. i have to reboot the entire device to get it to stop, but then it starts up again the next day...

Yes. Had the same issue when I updated to the latest firmware a few weeks ago. Before then GTV was working pretty well. In order for it to work I had to disconnect the power and it would then work for a day. The rinse and repeat.

The only way to fix it is to Factory Reset the device.
Settings> System> About> Factory Reset

Before doing this I would recommend you go the Channels DVR Server's Web interface and set your Client settings the way you like it. That way after you reset the device and install the channels app you wont have to do much to have it setup the way you do now.

Keep us posted!

just wanted to close the loop on this, this seems to have possibly been related to being low on space on the device. i uninstalled a bunch of apps and now have a decent amount of space available, and haven't seen a random reboot in quite a while...

1 Like

and of course, i spoke way too soon. issue is back with a vengeance the past two days, and space is not an issue.

definitely not fixed, worse than ever now. i can't even get to the reboot screen in the menu, actually have to unplug it now...ugh.

Can you capture an android bug report and send it to us?

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

sure, but it's not just channels doing it. it's if i try to do anything on the device it keeps crashing... (it's a soft reboot, not full reboot)

Have you tried a factory reset?

Yikes I just ordered one of these. Maybe I should cancel the order

I have two of these and a de-TiVO'd TS4K+ and have none of them have issues. And I've sure as heck done things to them that could easily destabilize and destroy them. Don't want to dismiss OP's issues, they are very real, but I would not say it is happening to everyone or even a large minority of users.

1 Like

I agree, and I'm OP. the device overall has been great, current issues not withstanding.

factory reset seems to be the next step.

the tivo though? that thing can go right in the trash.

@tmm1 just sent you crash logs, in case you can figure anything out from them...but like I said I don't think it's the channels app. I think it's more the device going nuts...