API toggle_cc not working (and other CC weirdness)

I've switched to the Android Beta to try to help sort a Sat>IP tuning issue and have just noticed that the API toggle-cc isn't doing anything. I've also tried connecting a keyboard and hitting the "C" key (which used to toggle CC also) and that doesn't work either.

If I use the "drop-down" and select Closed Captions English there, the subtitles work fine.

EDIT Actually it's a bit more complicated than that. If I select Closed Captions from the drop down, the tick appears and the subtitles text appears on screen. But if I press OK again with the Closed Caption box still highlighted the tick stays there but the subtitles text on screen do stop. If I then exit the drop-down with the backup button and go back into it the tick has gone.

So it seems like something is not getting updated correctly when subtitles are toggled from the drop-down, and don't work at all from the API.

Further Update.

More subtitle weirdness.
Subtitles off.
Switch channel - Subtitles come on.
Turn off subtitles from drop-down - Subtitles go off.
Switch channel - Subtitles come on.

Further further update

Actually the API toggle_cc or keyboard C press is doing something, but it is only turning subtitles off if they are already on. It won't turn them on if they are off.

Can you give the latest build v2024.03.01.1637 a try? This should be fixed there

Hi Ani, I will do, but it's not showing as available just yet.

Welcome btw, good to see a new team member :smile:

Please try this build

Updated to 3.2.146 and Closed captions working better. It toggles fine through the API again but in the drop down quick menu the closed caption tick box still doesn't update 100% correctly.

It toggles the CCs correctly on or off and the tick graphic in the closed captions box updates correctly for the first toggle, but if you then click the box again although CCs themselves toggle on/off correctly the tick doesn't then update to reflect the new state. If you exit the drop down and then go back to it the tick then does show the correct state.

I doubt many people, if any, would pull up the quick guide drop down to turn CCs on and then off again without exiting the drop down in between, but it seems like a bug nonetheless.

Also I tried to load the alpha as below but in 3.2.146 I have no Beta Testing option/menu under Support.

v2024.03.02.0108
NEW: Alpha builds available under Support > Beta Testing > Install Alpha App

OK, found out I needed to sideload the beta to get this feature. Alpha now installed OK

I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know