App shows nothing but settings

Hi,

am I the only one with that problem? At least I couldn’t find anything in the Channels ATV topics.

When I start the Channels App on my AppleTV, it shows nothing but the settings page. When I slide down nothing more than “settings” is listed.

I stopped the app with the atv task manager and restarted channels. No change.
I restarted the atv. No change.

But it worked before.

The funny thing: I had the same behavior on iOS some weeks ago. Then it was gone suddenly. Thought it was a bug, being corrected shortly afterwards with an update.

But it didn’t change on the atv.

The funny thing: When I open the ios app, select a channel and choose to play it on the atv it works.

Any advice?

Thanks
Albert

Can you snap a pic and post it here (or email to [email protected] if that’s easier)?

You could also try to delete the app and re-install from the App Store.

We haven’t heard of this issue from anyone else… it sounds lie you don’t even see anything on the Settings tab? Like the app version, logo, list of settings, hdhomeruns, etc?

I’ve seen this behavior only when my HDHomerun fell off my network. Can you confirm that your HDHomerun is up and operational?

Hi,

thanks for the ultra-fast response.

As you can see there is nothing else than the settings tab. The settings tab itself looks perfect.

I already deleted the app and re-installed. Just forgot to write it in the initial posting. no change.

The HDHomeRun Expand is working. As I wrote, I can watch on my iOS device without problems. I can even select on my iOS device to watch it on the AppleTV. Just the AppleTV itself doesnt offer to watch anything.

And: At the same time Plex is making its recordings. Of course its not using all 4 tuners.

Does clicking “scan network” change anything?

If you focus on your EXPAND, does it show channels on the right?

Can you click the CONNECT to make a check mark appear next to it?

After “scan network” in the beta everything showed up again. Even in the regular app.

Just didn’t try it because all my devices showed up.

Focussing the EXPAND works as expected. It even worked before that procedure.

I could click and activate the CONNECT too. It just didnt show channels because I’m not using it anymore.

So, thank you. My problem is solved!

:blush:

Interesting…

Now if you quit the app with the task manager and start it again, does it have the same bug again?

No, it even works after quiting and restarting the app.

After I’ve done the scan I reconfigured the channels app. defining favorites, hiding channels, sorting. just read your post some mins ago after testing and watching some channels.

the diagnostics I sent you via the beta app was from before I’ve done the rescan.

Hope that helps.

The diagnostics you sent show the bug. It has been fixed for the next version of the app.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Thank you for your hard work. Happy I could help in some way.

I'm having this issue currently with iOS app v 3.2.35. I only have settings option at bottom and not guide/channels options. Hdhr dual is connected and enabled. What am I missing?

Can you Submit Diagnostics from the bottom, and then try to restart the app by clicking Home twice and swiping up.

You may also need to firmware update the DUAL and scan for channels first.

Thanks - I think the channel re-scan did the trick. However now I just get Tuner Not Available message when trying to watch any channel.

What firmware version is on your DUAL?

Can you submit diagnostics after seeing the error message.

Does the free app InstaTV work? Does the official HDHR app work?

Version 20170930. HDHomeRun doesn't work either, but I can play from setup via VLC player.
Just submitted diagnostics.

Hm, diagnostics show no video data is being received from the HDHR after several seconds and it gives up. On newer HDHR models it sends an error message, but on yours it can only show the generic error message.

Try checking the System log for your DUAL via my.hdhomerun.com to see what it says.