Apple channels app crashing

So I have the nest Apple TV, running tvOS 15.3 and channels app is 5.2.1. So at least once a day in the middle of watch tv the app just crashes to the Apple TV main screen. The log show nothing, just the channels was closed. I have tried the latest beta also but that does the same thing. So I am not sure if it’s an Apple TV issue or a channels app issue. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues.

1 Like

What are your video/audio/deinterlacing settings under Settings > Playback > Advanced

Deinterlacing - linear (60fps)
Video driver - experimental
Audio driver - experimental

Having the same problem here. Same settings. It's generally happening while watching the same live TV channel for an extended period.

Im seeing this on the beta app, both live tv and while watching recordings. Switching to the release app to see if that also has random crashes

This is also happening to me. Pretty much once a day, Channels crashes.

HD Homerun Prime

Apple TV 4K
Channels 5.2.1
Video / Audio: experimental
Linear 60fps

Any update on this issue? It’s still happening.

This is happening to me as well. Crashes yesterday again. I submitted diagnostics…

@tmm1 this happened to me this morning. I sent an email to support and uploaded diagnostics as well.

So I would say it safe to say this is an issue since a lot people than just me are having the same thing happening.

Yep, same here. For me it’s normally I. The morning. For no apparent reason it shuts off and goes to main Apple screen. Just once or twice a day it seems and normally live tv.

We're looking into this, and there are some possible fixes in today's TestFlight build.

It would also be helpful if you could download recent CrashReports from your Apple TV, and send them to [email protected]. Basically you go into tvOS settings and you can send them to your other devices via AirDrop.

Instructions here: Apple Developer Documentation

I will once I reconnect tv and it does it again. Currently doing some drywall work.

Where are these CrashReports? Under analytics I see no crash logs. Would they be called something else?

I found what may be the file you need but it doesn’t say crash logs. I’ll send it iver

@tmm1 Mine just crashed. FYI I have only had it happen on 24fps content, not sure if that has anything to do with it. There weren't any crash logs for today on tvos so I just sent diagels from channels

Just emailed a crash report. Hope it helps.

Any updates on this issue. It’s still happening in both the test build and regular app?

This has been happening to me as well, just files from this evenings crash.