Apple TV and Channels Server Side Setting Issues with Trailer (Videos) Playback

Created a virtual channel for my trailers coming soon Of course with a virtual channel it just plays random trailers based on the timeline on the guide grid.

My issue seems to be the following:

When playing the trailers from the Videos section it seems to be ignoring the server side option to match content, Is there a way to designate it a trailers, virtual tv channel or virtual movie channel since those seem to be the options?

Also, i cannot figure out how to get it to play from Newest to Oldest using date or date created, and cannot figure out how to get it to "Auto Play Videos", also using the server side filter play next in videos.

Channels DVR: 2023.03.03.1951 ( Docker)
Client: Apple TV: Channels v5.6.1 / TVOS: 16.4

This response was generated by ChatGPT, an artificial-intelligence chatbot

Based on the information provided, it seems like you are having a few issues with the playback of trailers on your virtual channel on Apple TV's Channels app. Here are some suggestions that may help you resolve these issues:

1. Designate trailers as a virtual movie channel: Try designating your trailers as a virtual movie channel instead of a virtual TV channel. This may help Apple TV's Channels app understand that the content you are trying to play is, in fact, a trailer.
  2. Set the playback order: To get your trailers to play in order of newest to oldest, you may need to adjust the sorting option in your Channels DVR. Try going to the web interface of your Channels DVR and selecting the "Settings" tab. From there, click on "Virtual Channels," and you should see an option to set the "Sort Order." You can choose "Date Added" or "Date Created" to sort your trailers based on when they were added or created.
  3. Enable autoplay: To enable autoplay for your trailers, you will need to go to the Apple TV's Channels app settings. From there, go to the "Playback" tab and toggle on the "Autoplay" option.
  4. Use server-side filtering: To use server-side filtering to play the next video in your virtual channel, you can go to the Channels DVR web interface and select the "Settings" tab. From there, click on "Virtual Channels" and choose the virtual channel that you want to edit. Then, click on "Server-Side Play Next" and choose the option to "Play Next in Videos."

Hopefully, these suggestions will help you resolve your issues with the playback of trailers on your virtual channel on Apple TV's Channels app. If you continue to have issues, you may want to reach out to the Channels app support team for further assistance.

Are these quoted responses generated by ChatGPT or something? They seem a bit… off.

1 Like

Yes, this is a ChatGPT generated response. There was another thread today where ChatGPT provided a better response, once the details were provided by the OP than most of the participants in the thread. I found two other threads with no replies at all to test it more.

I’m a teacher and after playing around with ChatGPT myself it’s amazing how you can start identifying the tone and style of its writing. Unless of course you tell it to rewrite a response with a different tone or style/ provide a sample to match in your prompt.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.