Apple TV + Channels + HomePods Follow up

Hey devs,

First can I say I really appreciate your help on this issue, but I’m afraid to say 5.8.2 did not fix the audio issues for OG HomePod for me, and possibly others. At one point in last beta cycle it was darn perfect, but since there was a regression - as per previous thread on the subject. Please can you review the video I sent to you and let me know if this is to be expected?

thanks!

I’ve spent more time today with 5.8.2 and I’ve discovered that setting Surround Sound to ‘Off’ has made a massive improvement with my OG HomePods, and I think fixed issue for me altogether :slight_smile:
I tested with and without a few times and it’s clearly related.

For anyone else this setting is under settings>playback>advanced>surround sound.

In Australia a lot of the free to air channels have 6 audio channels, and these appeared to be the worst offenders with glitching.

1 Like

Does the issue happen on DVR recordings?

If so can you make a recording on the DVR, cancel after a minute and email us the mpg file.

It is still there with recordings, but seems most noticeable when live channel surfing. I've sent on a few recordings to support email. Again - as above, surround sound off gives overall best experience (at least with the 6ch FTA content in my area!)

Yeah I’m still getting pausing on the default driver when going into PiP, and when going back to full screen I have to pause and play to get playback to resume.

Legacy has abit of audio delay upon resuming which I put up with to have a better PiP experience.

Edit: most of the audio delay on legacy seems to be gone actually - personally not too fussed to use legacy - so happy for CDVR to mark it as fixed in my case :slight_smile:

Okay thanks I will check this out

1 Like

Had some playback issues with legacy - going into PiP now is silent (although video still playing) and then closing the video resumes sound (no video playing/player should be closed).

Anyway I thought you’d more want to work on the new default driver if any, so I played a live tv channel, went into PiP (where the video pauses), then opened the full player again - waited a few seconds while the video stayed frozen, and then press pause and play to resume the video and audio - then submitted diagnostics - hoping this can help. :slight_smile:

Edit: legacy now working as it was previously - unsure if the issues were my end or not.