Apple TV + HD Homerun + Channels

I'm getting ready to order the Homerun, but my question is... once I set up the Homerun to my router, and download and setup Channels... will Channels see the the Homerun (Antenna) as a source? Allowing me to use the CHANNELS Guide? Thanks.

Yes

You will also need to login to your DVR web UI and scan for the HDHomeRun, then enter your zipcode for the guide data.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help... I'm just trying to "harness" this mess into a single source... not gonna happen in an app, but if its "at least" all in the same device, its getting closer.

1 Like

For me, I use Apple TV + Homerun + Channels app and have really enjoyed it. Works pretty seemlessly.

Channels automatically sees it and configures everything, given your zip code. I love this setup. My only recommendation is that if you intend to setup a lot of passes to record a bunch of stuff, then get more tuners than you might think otherwise. One of very few things Channels DVR doesn't handle well is if you try to watch live TV when all the tuners on the HDHR are in use. I had a 4 tuner HDHR, but with all the passes I had there were times when all 4 tuners were in use. So if I tried to watch Live TV on any OTA channel I couldn't. There is no way to get around this other than going in and manually finding the recordings and stopped them. The easy way for me to solve this was to just buy a second 4 tuner HDHR, and now I have never had a tuners all busy happen with 8 tuners available. If you don't record a lot of stuff then this wouldn't be a concern.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input... I will receive my HD Homerun Connect Quatro today sometime and will set it up. If it works as well as my antenna, ill be extremely happy.
Again, thanks!

I gotta say, Channels makes this so darn easy... too bad they won't consider more integration of other apps... but it took about 5 minutes to setup, then went online and selected the source, then went into the Apple TV and opened Channels... over 70 channels with ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX...
Great job guys.

2 Likes