Apple TV Live TV API command not working correctly

Having been using only Shield TVs as clients up until now, I've just got an Apple TV 4K, to see if the Channels experience really is better on those and I was getting a bit jealous of the new features like Playlists and deep links etc that are now on Apple but haven't filtered down to the Android app yet.

I'm just going through checking out the API commands that I am used to using on the Shields and have noticed that on the Apple TV, api/navigate/Live TV seems to work like a back/last button - ie goes to wherever you were in the menu system previously rather than go to Live TV.

Is this possibly something wrong in my settings or is it a bug? In Android if you are anywhere in the menu system, api/navigate/Live TV takes you back to the last channel you were last watching, and if you are already in Live TV it takes you to the previous channel.

I'm on the latest standard firmware Channels v5.9.1

Good catch, this is broken via the API.

I just resolved it and it will be fixed in the next TestFlight beta.

This fix is now available:

I’m also having difficulty with the guide remote shortcut.

Note this is with PIP enabled

When using the “green” button as shortcut to guide, it does go to the guide. However attempting to select a new channel minimizes the PIP, and then the guide disappears- left with a black screen and the channel in a minimized window. Even a bit more bizarre, if I go to the Apple TV Home Screen, the minimized PIP window vanishes, but the audio keeps playing!

Disabling PIP is an option to resolve, but PIP otherwise is great