Apple TV not finding correct DVR

AppleTv's do not show X-TVE channels in settings as a source. X-TVE did show as a source for all 4 AppleTv in the house over the weekend. But, now nothing on any of them.

I can see and watch the X-TVE channels in the Web UI, but none of the any AppleTv's.

I have also updated to the most resent Beta. However, the issue was present prior to the update this morning.

Does the dvr tab of the app show the correct IP for your dvr server?

No, Channels ATV app is finding the HDHR recordings but not the additional X-TVE source. There appears to be 4 IP's being used.

I have the HDHR Quatro running and also have an additional HDHR DVR (using the new update for multiple DVR) 07%20AM running on a Synology as well as Channels DVR running on this Mac mini.

192.168.7.23 - Quatro
192.168.7.249 - ATV App DVR IP

I believe these are the same IP's that were being used over the weekend and everything was working.

Try restarting the Apple TV app?

Yep, tried that. I am seeing different behavior on each device. Also seems to depend on what Channels ATV app is being used.

If I open the Channels ATV or iOS app, I can see the X-TVE guide data, and no recordings from HDHR.

If I open the Channels DVR app on ATV/iOS, I do not see the X-ETV guide data and I see the HDHR DVR recordings

It appears the Channels App tries to connect to one IP and the Channels DVR app connect to a different IP address.

Is a specific Channels app recommended for TV Everywhere for Beta use?

It sounds like you have multiple dvrs installed in your home. You need to find the extra one and uninstall it.

I have the Channels DVR, the HDHR DVR + 2. HDHR just updated the ability to have more than one HDHR DVR running to utilize multiple storage locations.

I have not had any issues prior to today.

You have Channels DVR installed on both your Synology and your Mac Mini. Sometimes the app is connecting to one and other times the other, which is why things keep changing. The TVE source is only on your mini.

I would advise you to uninstall Channels DVR from your Synology. You can continue to run HDHR's DVR wherever you want as it has no effect on Channels app.

Sorry, I should have explained better. I only have the Channels DVR running on the Mac Mini.

Here is some more examples. The iPhone Chan DVR app and the iPad Chan DVR app show different behavior. IPad shows the HDHR and the X-TVE guide data, but no recordings.

The iPhone only shows HDHR and no X-TVE in settings. But, shows all Recodrings.

I cannot seem to change the DVR IP address on the iPhone or ATV.
image image image image

Your Mac mini is http://192.168.7.215:8089

Your Synology is http://192.168.7.249:8089

You have two copies of Channels DVR running in your home.

your first one says it is connected to 192.168.7.215 for your channels DVR.

Your second says it is connected to 192.168.7.249 for your channels DVR.

Either the mini has two IP's.... or they are connecting to different places.

Edit: I see what you are saying now...that you can't change the IP's.

You said if I wanted to setup 2 DVR's I would simply need to point to the one I want with the IP Address. Based on this thread I guess I would need to do that for all of why Apple TV's. Right? Low priority but would be nice if in the Settings you could pick which one (by name) to use like you can with the HDHomerun's and now TVE.

Yes, if you really want to run multiple DVRs then you can click "Connect to DVR" in the Settings tab of the app and enter the IP of the DVR you want to use. Once you do this it will remember and connect to only that DVR.

Thank you for your help and noticing the two Channels DVR. I am having trouble accessing the Channels folder on the Synology. But, turning off the Synology DVR and Bonjour seemed to helped the issue. Now devices find just the one DVR on the Mini.

1 Like