Apple TV quality poor compared to iPad (UK)

I am experiencing pixelation and stuttering using the Apple TV Channels DVR App, specifically when viewing HD channels. This is not noticably a problem when using the iPad app.

I have sent over a debug from the Channels DVR app on my Apple TV.

In terms of Apple TV Video settings, I am currently using the below on my 4K TV - previously these were set to 4K HDR as I have a 4K TV.

Format: 1080p SDR
Match Content: Range & Frame Rate

Channels App:
Deinterlacing mode: Linear (50fps) <— this is the same on my iPad
SDR Mode Switching: Off

I am using an HDHomeRune CONNECT Duo and an example of a HD channel on Tuner 0 is as below:

Virtual Channel: 104 Channel 4 HD
Signal Strength: 100%
Signal Quality: 89%
Symbol Quality: 100%
Streaming Rate: 4.022 Mbps

I have my HDHomeRun connected to a Gigabit switch which my Apple TV 4K is also connected to. This switch is connected over 10/100 ethernet to my wireless router in another room.
The iPad connects to the WiFi on the router.

FYI, Have just given InstaTV Pro a go and have no pixelation or stuttering with it.

Any suggestions to getting this working as I dont think this will pass for my wife otherwise! :frowning:

It looks like you set the Streaming Quality in the app to 720p instead of Original

oh, is it trying to do transcoding? since changing this its now showing as weak signal on some channels…?

Weak Signal is a message that comes from the HDHR. You can check your HDHR log via my.hdhomerun.com to confirm but usually that means the aerial isn’t able to pick up the signal.