Apple TV Top Shelf Feature Not Working

Hi,

I've noticed over the past few days that the favorite channels no longer show up in the apple top shelf. I'm not sure if its a glitch but was wondering if anyone knew why this might be occuring. I already tried uninstall/reinstalling it, rescanning chanells from my hdhomerun device, and restarting the applet tv and nothing has worked. It is appearing this way on both of my 2 apple tvs. Any ideas? thanks!

I’m having the sam issue. Top shelf is empty on my Apple TV. Tried reinstalling and restarting app and ATV. Also tied downloading the DVR app and had the same issue.

We have been investigating this and have some leads

1 Like

@bports18 please try the beta from getchannels.com/beta

Any luck with the beta?

Yes the beta works.

1 Like

Can you send my email an invitation to beta for testflight too?

The beta only works for dvr subscribers. We hope to do a new release with the fix soon.

Any new developments on progress with this issue yet?

Please go to the App Store and install 3.2.43 which has the fix.

Noticed that Top Shelf not working as of last night. I am on latest AppleTV4K release (not beta) and latest release of Channels app from Apple Store. Option is turned on for Top Shelf display within Apple Channels app Setup.

Is the problem in my setup, version(s) or elsewhere?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

How many sources do you have? We’ve seen issues when you have a lot of sources.

Top Shelf is its own app and has memory constraints.

Only 3 sources (Locast, ATT TV, HD HOME Run) in that order. I just restarted AppleTV 4K after clearing cache and swiping out all other apps from memory and Top Shelf still does not appear on AppleTV 4K. This used to work fine.

Try turning off two sources and trying it. Focus another icon and then the Channels one to trigger it.

This obviously isn’t a solution, but it can confirm what I mentioned.

When you say “turn off” do you mean simply temporarily deactivate or remove entirely via delete?

Oh, just disable it in the app. Sorry. Don’t remove it.

Settings > Manage Sources

I temporarily deactivated two of three sources and voila, Top Shelf came back as you thought. Now what? Does this mean I can’t use LOCAST for local channels anymore?

No it just confirms the issue.

Top Shelf can’t use more than 10MB of memory, and with too many sources it caps out and dies.

We’ll look into how to get it to use less memory.

1 Like

Ok thanks keep me posted. Meanwhile, I’ll get my main locals from my one active source until you confirm a perm fix!

Much appreciate the quick response.