Apple Vision Pro

A fan made this:

“Headphones for video.” Makes sense. Thanks, Steve.

2024 isn’t that far off. Channels DVR and spatial computing? Sounds intriguing. I may have to wait tor version 2.0 though, because of that price tag. Then again, it’s actually less expensive than that big screen OLED upgrade I’ve been eyeing…

What do y’all think?

1 Like

If you ask my wife, she'll tell you that I buy WAY too many Apple products. And she's probably right. But this one... I don't know. It is sooo expensive. For the use case of movie watching... If you have a family (or even just a wife/husband/partner) I don't see this replacing a home theater system. Is each family member going to shell out $3500 so you can sit in a room together and not see each other while watching a movie? That's not the same experience as sitting around the TV and watching something together.

If I traveled often, I could maybe see this for long flights. But even then, are you going to strap this around your face AND strap a high-end set of headphones over your head? AirPods Pro are great, but they don't deliver the same noise cancellation and quality as AirPods Max or some of the other over-the-ear headphones. If you are getting the best video, you're probably going to want the best audio as well.

Then there is the short battery life issue. Or the fatigue of wearing something so big and heavy for an extended period. And the creepy fake eyes it displace to try to fool people into thinking you are looking at them.

I am the first to admit that I thought the iPad and Apple Watch were useless when they were first announced. And now they are both such a huge part of my every day life. So maybe my opinion of Apple Vision Pro will change over time. But for right now, it looks like a very cool product that nobody will ever really use.