Apple's TV app

Very interested in the channels app to watch live local OTA TV. Are there any plans to get your app to work with the Apple TV TV app?
Right now I have cable, but would love to cut it and get one of these cheaper online only services. (directv now, Vue, sling tv etc…) issue is none of them have local station support in our area and all the major network content is “on demand” day later crap and no local news. Now the channel app (with HDHomerun) would fix this but I would prefer just one app for all my viewing needs. Apples TV app solves this if it could pipe in live meta data from the channel app.

Unfortunately Apple has not released any APIs for integration with the TV app yet. They’ve only made it available to select partners so far. We hope this changes soon and will integrate in any way possible.

Ok understand. I know this is a long shot, but have you tried contacting them? Local channels is a big sticking point for most people trying to switch to an all non cable “digital” viewing solution. They might be very open to your company.

We have tried several times, yes.

I’m assuming nothing has changed with this in the last year? TV app has just appeared in the UK, integrations with Channels (and Netflix, 4oD) would be awesome!

1 Like