AppleTV Channels app freezes when deleting recording in progress

I am pretty sure this starting happening after the last update.
I have not seen channels app freeze when deleting fully recorded shows.
But on occasion I do see it freeze when deleting a show that's currently in recording progress.

1. After viewing the show and deciding to delete it mid recording the channels app instantly freezes soon as I select the Delete button and I can't move the cursor around.
  2. I end up having hit the home button to return to the main apple home screen, When I relaunch channels app it is all gray.
  3. After leaving it sit on the gray screen for roughly a minute Channels Apple boots me out back to the apple main home screen.
    4.When I relaunch channels app can confirm the show I was trying to delete it has been deleted, and all is fine.

I have submitted Log reports from the Apple TV about the same time as this posting

1 Like

What is the version number shown on the Settings tab of the app?

I had the same thing happen a few days ago on a FireTV Cube.

I've experienced it as well on an Apple TV 4k.

I know the Channels Developers will be on it...
Possible work around - select more & mark as watched and then come back & delete. Even though it i still recording, this has worked for me.

1 Like

Also, a quicker way to recover... on any frozen app on the Apple TV... hold down the menu button until you return to the Home Screen. Then double tap the TV button and swipe up to close the frozen App.

A lot quicker than waiting onTVos to trap and close the App.

1 Like

any updates to this issue

thanks

I’m still seeing this problem on version 3.2.28 on Apple TV4k. It’s been happening at least once per night recently.

Still a issue on 3.2.30

1 Like

Saw this issue as well a couple times now on new installs (new user).