Appletv dropped frames while remote

Im at a hotel and i connected my appeltv up and watched a baseball game with the mlb docker. Worked great, absolutely perfect.

Then i decided to watch some OTA recordings. Every 30-60 seconds i get a bunch of dropped frames with pixelation. Looking at my pfsense router i realized that tailscale was connecting through DERP so I enabled external access. Without tailscale connecting externally, the same problem happened. The internet in the hotel is 10mbit so i turned on transcoding to see if it was bandwidth related. After i did that the problem happend more frequently.

As a test I replicated the same scenario on my android phone and the same OTA content plays perfectly. So its definitely a TVOS issue.

I uploaded diagnositcs from the ATV. here is a video of the problem.

Can you try the latest TestFlight beta and see if that has better results?

Same issue. I updated and then went to the same recording and played the troublesome spot and it dropped 90 frames and it pixelated. I submitted diagnostics again just now

@eric this build does better on TVE. With the previous build TVE started messing up as well. OTA and recordings from my LinkPi are still messed up though.

Clear cache in the client first maybe

2 Likes

BINGO! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hotel ops has you covered!

hahaha I appreciate it! Happy I can watch the Nats game without pixelation :slight_smile:

1 Like

With that line up, It may look better in Pixelation, though they are doing well sofar!

Why they dont invest in pitching I'll never know....

still reeling from the Strasburg contract I guess...It's too bad they won't be sold. Lerners did a lot, but appear they don't want to do any more.