AT&T TV TV Everywhere Login Failures

My Xfinity-TVE works fine on version 2019.11.19.2312.
When I first set it up I had issues because I was using my full email address ([email protected]) for verification and would only get some of the channels. I then removed and reinstalled the Xfinity-TVE device and used just the username part of my email address and it's been working fine since then. I'm also using a secondary Xfinity account username for TVE as I had issues using my primary account.

I am on 2019.12.02.1925. It never gets to a point that it adds Xfinity as a source, so there’s nothing to delete and re-add. I have tried all those tips including not using the email address and creating a new user, all to no avail at this point.

One last thing I’m going to try is to make a new user under my daughter’s account and use her’s as my TVE base.

The issue you're hitting is specific to the SHIELD. It seems to get overloaded during channel scan and stuck in a weird state. I can try investigating on my shield next week.

1 Like

I was able to authorize and log in, and scan all the channels, but I keep getting errors when I try to watch them. Not sure if SHIELD would affect that. Hopefully, it is, and this can be corrected.

What errors are you getting on other channels?

The same exact error as above. All the same. Every TVE channel.

They all either don’t start at all, or error out within seconds with that same error.

This error means the dvr can't connect to the internet.

Can you ssh in and run some test commands?

curl -Lv google.com -o /dev/null

That command showed that it connected fine, without any errors or issues. One of the reasons I had not suspected an internet connection fault is that when I'm logged into the NAS, I'm always able to update apps, firmware, etc. I've never seen a connection error.

Was that directed to me? If so thanks and I look forward to your results!

I was able to reproduce the issue on the SHIELD and am looking into ways to fix it.

There is a fix for the SHIELD issue in the latest build. I also recommend you reboot the shield before upgrading the dvr and trying again.

1 Like

I'm sorry - I have no idea what the SHIELD is or how to reboot it. If this is the NVIDIA SHIELD, I have never owned one. I'm running the DVR on a QNAP TS-251 NAS. I'm accessing the channels on my Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV. They are all doing the same thing with the TVE channels not loading or loading for a short while, and then timing out and freezing.

Sorry, those replies were to @HarperVision

Your issue has to do with a flaky network which is causing timeouts and operations to fail. That's why the update only worked one out of three tries. Maybe you have a loose network cable?

1 Like

That would be odd - I haven't touched the NAS in over a year, as there is no need to. I'll unplug and plug in the cables to see if that makes a difference. Again - I'm not seeing any connection issues with the internet when I'm running apps or updating apps directly on the NAS. I can't imagine the cables are only flaky during the accessing of the TVE authorization.

Can you search the log for "Error checking for update" and paste those messages

Here you go!

Error checking for update: Get https://channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com/prerelease.json: dial tcp: lookup channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com on 127.0.1.1:53: read udp 127.0.0.1:46456->127.0.1.1:53: i/o timeout

Looks like a dns issue, which could explain the slowness and timeouts. Can you check what the QNAP dns settings are?

It's trying to use 127.0.1.1 for DNS which seems weird

I guess this is normal for QNAP

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=131768&start=15#p705895

That is weird. I manually had changed it to use 1.1.1.1, and 1.0.0.1...

So, even if I set that ethernet port, with a fixed IP Address, and force it to manually use my own DNS severs, it won't use them? How can I test for that?

What does this print over ssh:

time host broadband.espn.com