Atsc 3.0 resolution

I currently have them disabled, for they days they decide to appear in my HDHR. Not sure if they are doing things or my reception is whack. CW is usually a bad signal and NBC has never been anything then a green screen with audio when I've tuned to it.

thanks for your reply.
I am currently get perfect reception on all abc/cbs/nbc/fox/CW/ and a couple others, so it must be your reception..
I have an attic mounted antenna, if that matters

I'm in Tampa, I liked the idea of having ATSC 3.0 for Football games, but the broadcasts are literally 3 to 5 minutes behind the regular ATRC 1.0 broadcast. Hearing the neighbors cheering or booing (everyone watches football outside here) 3 minutes before a play is kind of a spoiler.

its only a few seconds for me in Phoenix

You should call your local station and talk to the broadcast engineer

1 Like

It falls on deaf ears.

Checked it tonight and I am getting surround on Fox and ABC 3.0 for sure. Haven't been able to verify the others. I'm thinking it may have been my old soundbar not being able to decipher the AC4 sound and that's why I was just getting stereo, or maybe they fixed the issue.

I hope Santa hooked you up. I put in a good word. :laughing:

1 Like

I'm in Lakeland and it seems like the 3.0 channels are maybe 15-30 seconds behind 1.0 now, at least on the Tampa channels.

1 Like

Santa gave me a new Sonos Arc! But somehow also billed my credit card.

4 Likes

I noticed that too, but now there's stuttering, so not fun to watch.

Haven't noticed any stuttering yet, but just started to use those channels again. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I'm in Orlando but get the major Tampa Stations fine in ATSC. Biggest advantage is better reception - I don't get the same pixelation and breakups as I used to. They have a lot of infrastructure to upgrade on the network and local station side to get to 4K, but it will be nice when it comes. I use Apple TV and had to upgrade the Apple TV to the latest model because the audio and video would get out of synch on the old one; now works properly.

1 Like

Don't expect 4k for a long long time (if ever). Local stations do not have the infrastructure to pass it, and the cost to rebuild the entire signal chain is way too high for no $$$ benefit to the station. You cannot imagine the amount of equipment that has to be replaced or upgraded to pass a 4K signal from one end of the broadcast chain to the other. The money for stations is being able to eventually serve you targeted ads, just like websites do, and sell audience data back to the advertisers. ATSC 3 is just one big science experiment right now for all of us in the business. What you can be happy about is that the signal is more stable, less prone to multipath. Yeah, its1080P, but that is just an up-convert at the station, the source material from the networks is still 1080i or 720P.

1 Like