ATV app crashes - after update today-9-17

I guess there was an update today. Apple TV app just crashes. Crashing as in doesn’t open. Might see the app on screen once. Deleted it. Restarted ATV. What am I missing?

2 Likes

Yep - I am having the same problem. Bad timing with it being a football Sunday. I can’t watch anything! I tried deleting the app and re-installing, and it looked like it was going to work, but nope.

1 Like

Me too. Horrible timing.

Same here. I see that Channels Version 2.1.37 was installed at some point today, and now I can’t open the app. It says “loading” and then just shuts down. Apple TV A1625 (32GB)

How does one revert back to the prior version which was working???

Yupp same here, not smart to release on a Sunday during football.

This is now the 2nd release in a couple months that crashes.

That was sending me loopy, happy its not just me although annoying af.

Mine doesn’t crash but it does introduce a nasty h264 pixellation issue on certain UK streams.

I have the same issue. Here is what I have found:

• Deleting and reinstalling the app allows you to use it.
  • The app will crash as soon as you try to use “Guide”.
  • The “On Now”, “Recordings”, “DVR”, “Search”, and “Settings” pages work.

Edit: I am running Channels v2.1.37 on tvOS 10.2.2.

1 Like

Same here. No solution. Honestly…why would you update the app on a Sunday?

I have deleted and reloaded app, but still not able to open the app. I get loading screen then app crashes and kicks me out. any updates from dev?

This sucks. Why am I paying money for the sole reason to record NFL games and it fails on the day I need it

Yes, me too. I suppose I will need to shut off app autoupdates. Channels devs, fix this ASAP.

My app is also broken. Why why why would you update this on a football Sunday??? Extremely frustrating to be unable to watch tv using one of my most expensive apps. PLEASE FIX!!

Same here. 2.1.37 updated on 9/17/17 crashes when launched.

I’m in the same boat. Luckily, my son realized that he could use the local website and AirPlay to the Apple TV. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

@tmm1 making sure you see this

Same here! Luckily the FoxsportsGo app is streaming the game… but I’m having to use someone else’s login. Channels crashes everytime I try to open it. FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

Add me to the list!

Another one hit by this bug. Deleting the app did nothing to help.

Obviously a poor round of testing. :frowning:

Totally unprofessional company here: releases an update on football Sunday that makes the app immediately crash on launching.

This is very poor conduct from a company selling an expensive app. They should never have done any releases while their key technical staff was unavailable to deal with rollout issues.

It does not appear they did any testing whatsoever on this update as it just crashes instantly when launching the app.

Where is the response from the company on this huge fumble?