ATV can't find HDHomeRun Quatro - but it did before

I set up my HDHomeRun Quatro and bought Channels for my ATV. Channels found the tuner without issue and everything was great. Today it can’t find the network tuner. The WiFi signal is strong. The HDHomeRun app on my Xbox finds the tuner without a problem. All internet apps on the ATV connect fine.

I am not running DVR yet or have it enabled. I am just looking for the local channels to be enabled on the Apple TV through Channels.

I do not know what to do. I unplugged the HDHomeRun device and reconnected it to my router. Again, the tuner is online and found by the Xbox app but not the ATV Channels app.

What can I do to diagnose this?

Did you try entering the IP address of your HDHomeRun into the app?

You can also try the free app InstaTV to compare and see if its able to find the HDHR.

InstaTV on the iPad found the tuner. I entered the IP address into Channels and it still did not find it.

I rescanned the channels on MyHomeRun and all apps but Channels works.

InstaTV on the ATV was unable to find the tuner as well.

What is the IP of your HDHomeRun, and what is the IP assigned to your Apple TV?

Thank you for responding.
The HDHomeRun I.P. is 192.168.1.85
The Apple TV is 192.168.1.86

I moved the ATV to an Ethernet connection and Channels works fine. This is in another room, but it does prove it is a WiFi based issue.

If I moved the ATV would it have received a new IP?

I moved the ATV back to the room it wasn’t working in and it did receive a new IP address

the HDHR is still 192.168.1.85

Guess what, it works.

So is the issue that the ATV receives an IP address that steps on the HDHR? If so, what can be a good solution? What can be a work around or remediation?

It’s unclear what’s happening… if the Wi-Fi connection is not stable then that could explain it. The HDHR discovery protocol is very sensitive to packet loss.

If you’re concerned about IPs changing, you can login to your router and setup a “static dhcp reservation” using the mac address of your HDHR and ATV, so that they get a fixed IP address always.

Would hardwiring solve the issue? I can work on dropping an Ethernet line back there.

But thank you.

If you’re able to wire it up, that’s always preferable.