ATV4K DVR not working

Seems like for the past two weeks or so, I haven’t been able to watch my recordings on my Apple TV 4K. The video takes a while to load, then when I skip the first commercial, it freezes (gets stuck loading). It works fine on my iPad, so it seems like an ATV issue. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Click Submit Diagnostics from the app

Thanks. I submitted a Video Player diagnostic log. Is that the correct one?

Please go to the settings of the app and click Connect to DVR > At Home then enter 192.168.86.28

I just entered the address and tested a show on DVR. It appears to be working now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

ok so I have come to this conclusion after trying all 6 of my different Apple TVs 2 generations.. the Apple TV 5th generation will work flawlessly wirelessly and I have 3 tv everywhere sources, a HD prime, and an HD extend.. The 4th generations will only function correctly with a hard line straight from the router. I am no expert.. but half of mine are 5th they all work , all the time, no issues.. and are wirelessly connected.. the other 3 fail ,stutter, and don't function correctly wirelessly, only with a hard line and those are all 4th generation... just my factual experience..

FWIW: It's been my experience that most WiFi-related problems result from less-than-optimal WiFi networks. Poor access point or router hardware and siting being the most frequent culprits.