Audio drops, shield to av receiver

I'm assuming that language selection fix you mentioned solves the issue only during the current channel playback session, rather than acting as an ongoing fix to to the issue?

Yes. While it is an immediate fix, it is temporary. The issue will reoccur in time. Let me add Shield is wired on full Gig Network with the server on DS918+. The issue does not occur on iPadOS app over wireless. Definitely seems to be related to how the Shield/App handles changes in audio signal in the content. It happened on a recorded HBO program between the conclusion of the program and transition into trailers/promos the other evening. The first time I've noticed that happening.

Also, sometimes it will correct itself without taking action. Not a pressing issue for me - a sometimes inconvenience/annoyance. I actually appreciate the resulting auto-mute of commercials when watching live programming.

Just bumping this topic for the admins as it remains an issue, and not just for me, it seems. If it were to only lack audio during commercials on live tv playback, I might be fine - but in fact audio will come and go during programming also. If I maintain a small (few second) buffer by pausing and resuming live tv, the problems is sorted, so a permanent fix does not seem too difficult?

Just throwing this out there, but have you tried switching from hardware decoding to software in the client?

Tried both, using software decoding on Shield now, and have for a while, as the hardware decode setting fo playback causes a number of video glitches with some channels - this was a known issue, I think.

Can you try the latest alpha build to see if there is any improvement?

I generally load the latest server build via "shift-click" - is that alpha or just beta? If I assume you mean the Android TV app, as opposed to the DVR software - how do I get that? I am on the beta for Android app. Thanks.

I figured it out - duh. Had not tried the alpha since release, so installed and trying now. Will report back if this solves my audio issues - UI changes look good, will just take a little "re-training"

Is "Software" decoding still recommended for earlier Shield models?