Audio goes away if I pause or FF or RW

Not sure why this is happening, but for the last month,It’s been doing that more and more. It started off gradually did it seem to do it a lot now.
If I watch things on the HD homerun app, that never happens.
Any ideas?
This is live tv using the guide, not a recording from library…

1 Like

I've noticed this also but I don't think it's happening in the latest TestFlight. Can you confirm?

are you using the experimental audio driver?

Yes. I am using the experimental driver. Good or bad?

1 Like

We're seeing a bug like this with it. Mostly with TVE. We're tracking it.

I have noticed this in Channels with the default audio driver, but I have also noticed it in both Hulu and Netflix, too. Makes me think it might be an OS-level issue, rather than a Channels issue.

(I remembered I sometimes see this in the morning with the KTLA news feed when watching live. Also, this seems to happen during regular playback at commercial transitions; sometimes a silent placard is shown during a break, and there is no audio when the stream switches back to the program.)

I had it set to experimental, but I’ll switch it to default and use it for a while and see.
Sadly, I’m not real techy anymore, but can usually plod my way through a problem, just slower than most. Lol
Any help is appreciated.

Maybe this fixed it. It seems to be working with no audio problems.
Crossing fingers..

Don’t know if this matters but I just observed the issue watching content recorded from Pluto. So maybe not only TVE. I’m was watching on AppleTV and submitted diagnostics just in case it’s helpful.

I believe the comment about TVE was meant to differentiate OTA/cable broadcasts (physical tuners) from internet streams, not specifically TVE only.

All good. If I see something that departs from the current narrative, I call it out just in case it’s important. Otherwise, it won’t hurt my feelings.