Audio issue on Android TV

I just noticed tonight that I am having an audio issue with Android TV both for Live TV playback and recorded TV playback. It seems to work fine if I playback on my Android phone.

So, tried watching a recording of Shazam! tonight and noticed there was no audio. Out of curiosity I switched over to watch that same station (Fox local via antenna) and there was no audio. I then tried with some other local antenna stations and no audio on any of them.

If I change the audio track from English to Spanish, then audio works fine (and plays back in English, not Spanish). Selecting English again loses the audio.

I did submit a diagnostics report after trying playback the local Fox station that gave no audio. That was around 10:00pm est.

This is using my Chromecast Google TV device and the Nvidia Shield gives the same results.

I ran into a sound issue using the Walmart Onn android TV device. Try turning CEC on. Then turn it off. My sound came back. I haven’t had this happen on my Chromecast with Google TV or my TiVo stream 4K. Or the Fire stick for that matter.

1 Like