While watching television the audio just stops. If I back out into the guide and click the channel again, the audio returns. This has been happening frequently for the past day or so.
What client are you using? Does it happen while watching live, recordings, or both. If you are a DVR user, are there any errors in the DVR server logs?
I'm using Apple TV. It occurs while watching live television.
Below is a general period where it occurred:
2020/03/27 18:00:21.297671 [TNR] Opened connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
2020/03/27 18:12:10.225566 [SNR] Statistics for ch4 WBZ HD: ss=97%-99% snq=100% seq=100% bps=9994721,2639520-16553024 pps=956,266-1573
2020/03/27 18:12:10.225757 [TNR] Closed connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
2020/03/27 18:12:25.083928 [TNR] Opened connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
2020/03/27 18:14:21.697848 [SNR] Statistics for ch4 WBZ HD: ss=98% snq=99%,98%-100% seq=100% bps=11374674,3812640-17601312 pps=1085,366-1673
2020/03/27 18:14:21.698029 [TNR] Closed connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
2020/03/27 18:14:34.261778 [TNR] Opened connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
2020/03/27 18:17:49.193867 [NAT] Successfully mapped port 8089 using natpmp
2020/03/27 18:29:47.378972 [TRS] DNS: OK: Resolved host via system DNS
2020/03/27 18:29:47.402484 [TRS] Cloudflare DNS: OK: Resolved host via 184.108.40.206
2020/03/27 18:29:47.746754 [TRS] Cloud Reachable: OK: Connected to community.getchannels.com
2020/03/27 18:29:47.843875 [TRS] Local Time: OK: Local clock is accurate
2020/03/27 18:29:48.352599 [TRS] Remote Access: OK: Successfully established external connection
2020/03/27 18:29:48.352883 [TRS] Disk Permissions: OK
2020/03/27 18:31:12.234108 [SNR] Statistics for ch4 WBZ HD: ss=97%-98% snq=100% seq=100% bps=9801839,1137024-16673344 pps=938,122-1584
2020/03/27 18:31:12.234304 [TNR] Closed connection to 13228759/0 for ch4 WBZ HD
Odd. I don’t see any indications of issues in that log, so probably a client side issue. Is this something new that started recently, or has it always happened? You might try switching to the experimental audio driver in settings to see if the behavior changes at all.
He might be using the experimental driver. I saw this when trying that driver today.
Indeed, I was using the experimental driver. (And completely forgot that I was!) I have since reverted to the default and the issue has resolved. Thank you!
Awesome glad it's fixed.
I am having this issue with the Experimental Audio Driver. Has it been addressed?
The only reason I am using the Experimental Audio Driver is for the AirPlay Speakers (HomePod in my case) reconnecting after sleep. I did not notice this in the beginning but it was on my wife's primary TV who actually started complaining about 1 month ago (I think - random).
I recently changed her audio system to Sonos so I no longer need the HomePod and therefore do not need Experimental Audio for her TV. However, I moved the HomePod's to another TV and which I sometimes use (kitchen) and noticed this audio stopping problem. I am now just using the TV Audio with default audio and no problem.
Again, not sure this happened in the beginning (some time ago) but it does not happen all the time. Just random.