Audio Sync Issue on TV Everywhere Recordings

This weeks recording of mr robot was out of sync again for the audio. I looked in the settings tab in the app on my Apple TV it shows I am using channels 3.2.34

Feel like they are putting some special encoding on Mr. Robot so we're not able to record it, doesn't it?

I will try recording it tonight as well, after I updated to pre-release by clicking and holding the button, as TMM1 suggested.

Mr Robot worked well for me tonight without the the audio sync issue on the newest software.

I am having a different issue with it though. I’m noticing when watching live TV it will randomly jump back about 5-10 seconds and replay something I just saw. Never noticed this before.

Going to try this again tomorrow using version 2019.12.21.2348 as the 6 episodes of Building Off the Grid: Big Sky Ranch are airing on the TVE channel diy network. My HDHR Prime recording was in SD, so if this works without a/v sync issues, I'll have it in HD.

Recordings came out perfect. No a/v sync issues this time!

Just ran into this issue for the first time myself. The show is still airing so I tuned it live. Audio is also delayed there 2-3 seconds.

Not related to this issue, but I have the same channel OTA and TVE, and channels recorded the TVE channel rather than OTA, even though OTA is first in the DVR settings. It’s just a single event recording though, so maybe when I set it up I had that channel selected.

Which TVE channel is it?

Yep, most likely. It can get confusing with so many ways to record and schedule.
I'm pretty sure (not positive) that the web UI device priority means what device to record from, add favorites to that and mix it in with client priorities that don't sync and you end up scratching your head when things happen you didn't intend to and try to figure it out.

Just did a test by manually selecting two TVE Discovery channel recordings back-back and it does show it's using TVE "tuner sharing".

Only problem is stats for the first recording (second not complete yet for another 2 hrs) has issues...
skipped=36 unhandled_packets=607 discontinuity_detected=676

2019/12/21 18:59:50 [TNR] Sharing existing connection to TVE-Comcast_SSO for ch6101 DISCOVERY (clients=2, len=0)
2019/12/21 19:03:03 [MTS] Statistics for "TV/Street Outlaws/Street Outlaws S14E00 Fireball Flameout 2019-12-21-1803.mpg": skipped=36 unhandled_packets=607 discontinuity_detected=676 transport_errors=0 invalid_pts=0 invalid_dts=0 saw_pcr=false saw_pmt=true highest_pts=3606.546411

Stats for second recording show skipped=36 unhandled_packets=1227 discontinuity_detected=1454

2019/12/21 21:03:00 [MTS] Statistics for "TV/Street Outlaws/Street Outlaws S14E00 Dont Choke 2019-12-21-1859.mpg": skipped=36 unhandled_packets=1227 discontinuity_detected=1454 transport_errors=0 invalid_pts=0 invalid_dts=0 saw_pcr=false saw_pmt=true highest_pts=10803.781911

Hard to tell if recording is OK as it's a 5-6 figure entry fee sport determing results in thousandths of a second where cameras shake as thousands of horsepower propel vehicles at hundreds of miles per hour down a 1/4 mile strip of pavement (aka drag racing). And comskip is still running on the second recording, over 2.5 hours after it finished, where the first recording finished comskip in less than 47 minutes on my old Intel Atom quad-core NAS. I guess blame TVE?

TBD:

2019/12/21 20:29:51 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-YouTubeTV for ch6755 TBD
2019/12/21 20:29:51 [DVR] Recording for job 1576978190-ch6755 from TVE-YouTubeTV ch6755 into "TV/FailArmy Christmas/FailArmy Christmas 2019-12-21-2029.mpg" for 1h0m9.530873099s
2019/12/21 20:29:52 [DVR] Refreshing metadata for FailArmy Christmas (17629803)

I'm having audio sync problems with TVE on Fire TV 4K. For example, today's recording of tennis on ESPN is noticeably out of sync on Fire TV 4K. If I view it on my computer where it is recorded, it is ok.

Recordings that are done from HDHomeRun are in sync on Fire TV.

DVR version is 2020.01.29.0432, Fire TV OS version is 6.2.6.8 (which is up-to-date).
Channels app on Fire TV is 2.1.20.

Likely unrelated, but for full disclosure, I've noticed the problem has started after I upgraded to Win10 from Win7. I've uninstalled and installed the Channels DVR program a couple of times.

Any ideas? What information do you need?

Thanks!

Can you submit diagnostics from the FireTV after playing the recording for a minute

Sent. But I think less than a minute. Let me know if you need the full minute.

What is the player decoder setting set to?

Sorry. Was looking for an email notification that you responded. Didn't get it and just looked.

It's set to software. Switched to hardware. No better. Possibly slightly worse.

Just thought to try this on my Android phone app. Playback audio sync of same recording is fine.
Only Fire TV is a problem.

I could move the android app to fire TV using apps2fire. Would that help you narrow down the problem?