Audio Sync issue when Wireless Audio Sync Calibrated

I have an issue with Audio sync with only the channels app after I enable Wireless Audio Sync under video and audio on the Apple TV. When Wireless Sync is enabled other apps don't experience the audio sync delay. I enabled this so my apple air pods the audio will be in sync when I use them with my Apple TV. The audio sync delay occurs with channel when using both my sound bar and air pods. If I disable Wireless Audio Sync the problem goes away with my sound bar with channels. I then have a slight audio sync delay when using AirPods. My AppleTV is on IOS 14.2. I don't know if this occurred in old release as I just started using my AirPods with my Apple TV.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I just discovered this issue this morning after syncing everything a few days ago. It’s WAY off.

In settings try turning the Audio codec to Experimental to improve airplay 2 integration

My Experimental Audio Results

Experimental audio, when Wireless Audio Sync is enabled on the ATV improved audio sync when not using my AirPods. IE using sound bar/non airplay.

Experimental audio, when Wireless Audio Sync is enabled on the ATV did not improve audio sync when using my AirPods. Still have some audio sync issues and some other sound artifacts.

This is good enough for me, as I only use my Airpods for other apps. Now at least I don't have to keep enabling and disabling Wireless Audio sync.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Frankie

Can you also try disabling surround sound in the Channels app if it is enabled and see if that improves things further