Audio Sync issues on Shield TV - DVR Playback

Hi, recently I have been seeing sync issues with playback of recorded shows. If I pause and then resume, the audio will go out of sync, very noticeably. Things resync fine if I exit the playback and restart or if I hit skip back or forward.

Anyone else see this? I've noticed it multiple times and on multiple shields, so it doesn't seem to be setup specific Bot have Surround Sound turned on. Issue seems to be relatively new as I didn't remember seeing before, so not sure if there was specific work around how Surround Sound is done that has changed recently.

So it doesn’t happen with Surround Sound off?

I can confirm this as well. It’s not a new bug to my knowledge; I’ve had it ever since the release prior to this current one. I always just skip back and it fixes it. It doesn’t happen with surround sound off because there’s no passthrough happening to the receiver there - the passthrough and receiver becoming desynced from the audio stream by a fraction is the problem (IMO).

That is correct. I just submitted diagnostics of starting playback of a show, pausing, and the video and audio were out of sync.

I then turned off surround sound, played back the same segment, pausing in the middle multiple times and the sync stayed true.

Equipment
Shield TV 2015 16GB
Demon AVR-2313ci

1 Like

I have seen this issue as well. It seems to happen for me when I pause and then restart playback. If I back out of the show and resume playing it’s fine again.

I am have surround sound turned on as well.

Thanks. I was able to reproduce and will work on a fix.

3 Likes

I’ve uploaded a new beta build to the Play Store which should fix this issue.

Right you are, my man. My FF/RW audio dropouts on my ancient receiver were greatly improved by whatever new code you implemented here. Now it will only do it maybe 1 out of every 10 times instead of 10 of 10.

1 Like