Audio with no video on personal media

I recently set up a new Channels DVR and decided to import a bunch of mp4s of ripped DVDs that I watch on my tablet. Almost all of these are in the the same format with the same frame size, data rate, frame rate, etc. While they all play fine from the browser, which is transcoding them, when I try to play them using the Channels app on my Fire Stick or Android tablet, some play just fine while others have only audio with no video. I'm a little puzzled why some work and some do not despite being ripped with the same settings.
What is the preferred format for ripped DVDs? I saw some posts regarding MakeMKV, which I'll try for future rips, but I'd like to know if there's certain videos that just won't work.

Correction. It seems the ones that play fine have a data rate around 1000kbps and a frame rate around 24 frames/second while the ones that won't play have a data rate around 1200kbps and a frame rate around 30 frames/second.

After playing one that doesn’t work please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Thank you. I submitted diagnostic logs. I found that if I had playback streaming quality set to anothing other than Original it worked. Toggling Original Quality Delivery had no affect.