Auth failed for Verizon: context canceled

Trying to add TV Everywhere source. Channels DVR is installed on my Synology NAS. I am setting this up remotely over a VPN. I keep getting Auth failed for Verizon: context canceled

My credentials are correct. Is VPN the issue here? Do i have to do this when i am local?
Thanks in advance.

2020/06/20 09:29:00.000139 [ERR] No lineups available during guide data download

2020/06/20 09:29:21.068670 [TVE] Auth starting for Verizon as michaelmauch
2020/06/20 09:29:21.068754 [TVE] action=auth mvpd=Verizon requestor=nbcentertainment
2020/06/20 09:29:23.083543 [TVE] Auth failed for Verizon: context canceled
2020/06/20 09:38:00.000145 [ERR] No lineups available during guide data download

Please try the following:

• first, click-and-hold on the Check for Updates button
  • wait for the v2020.06.22.2324 upgrade to download and complete
  • click Add Source > TV Everywhere, pick your provider and type your login; do not hit enter
  • then, click-and-hold the Sign In button at the bottom

This should reset the broken state on your NAS and let you past the context error. Let me know if it works for you.

2 Likes

That did the trick! Thank you Aman.

1 Like

This also solved my TVE - Xfinity "context cancelled" problem. I had changed internet suppliers (with accompanying new modem/routers. This resulted in a new IP address being assigned for my NAS. This very strange procedure put me back on track. My appreciation to Aman.

Worked for me too on Synology NAS. The Philo verification email thought I was logging in from an Android device. This solution was hard to find. Took me a couple hours of searching. I appreciate it!

Tried everything suggested and still getting context cancelled.

You realize you're adding to a one year old solved topic.
So you're trying to add a TVE source on a Synology NAS using Verizon as a provider?
What version DSM, Channels package and Channels DVR are you using?

If that's not the case, just create a new topic with your issue.